Friday, January 8, 2016

I AM GOING TO BE A G GRAM 2 TIMES!!



I have known for several months that I am going to be a Great Gramma about the end of February! My Grandson Jordan and his wife, Jenna, are going to have a little girl. It's been 15 years since we had a baby in my immediate family and it's exciting.  Tomorrow is Jenna's baby shower so I made several things to take . I knitted a soft, soft small blanket out of Bernat's Pipsqueak yarn. If you are a knitter, you probably have made or know about the knitted dish cloth pattern that starts by casting on only 4 stitches..it's the pattern that I used for the blanket and I only used 2 skeins to make it. The blanket is about 24 x 24 inches.

 I also made a receiving blanket, the one with the self binding, mitered corners and such. It's an easy gift to make for someone.  I had some left over flannel so I made 2 burp pads, cute!!
And then there is the dollie. I found a pattern for a very simple little cloth doll, it was just what I wanted. I embroidered the face and stuffed her up pretty good. I think she's cute and cuddly..AND now, drumroll please,  I found out at Christmas that my oldest grandson, Ryan, and his wife, Jessica are going to have a little one too!!  That little one should arrive around the first part of August so I guess I need to get busy making some more blankets..And I will start making some baby quilts too..it's an exciting time for my family.   Sew until next time, I hope you have a Stitches kind of day!!

5 comments:

  1. great news for you - how exciting to have the family grow larger! have fun making the baby items

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new (to be) great grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Sandy! What fabulous news and what lovely gifts you have made! You are going to have an exciting year!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the very exciting news!!!! I love that doll - so very darling!

    ReplyDelete