Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bunny Tea Towels

 Do you like hand embroidered tea towels??  I don't think I know anyone that doesn't. I embroidered these and gave them for a shower gift to my grandson's fiance. I know they are a rather old-fashioned type of gift so I put them in a 9x13 woven patriotic basket for presentation..I hoped it would make it more of a "modern" gift!!  I think Jessica really like the gift though....Now I have had "hints" from both daughter's and daughter-in-law  that they would like a set also.. Plus I have 4 more grandsons and 2 granddaughters that will eventually get married, I suppose...I guess I will just have to keep on making them forever.  ;-)  Wow, I don't know just how long it would take to make that many more sets of towels!! I like using the towels that are hemmed on all 4 sides, they seen to be a better quality then the ones that aren't hemmed all around. I added the little corner fabrics and rick-rack and thought it added a lot to the towels too!!





 These patterns were free on this website: Needlecrafter.com She has a lot of very nice embroidery patterns on there for free. I'm working on a set of Kitten ones and need to get them finished today, I have another shower tomorrow..I had better get my butt in gear or I won't get them done....Another grandson getting married in August, oh, it's a busy summer for me.....Sew until next time, have a Stitches kind of day...

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the fabric and rick rack. You did a great job, I can see why everyone wants a set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, what a wonderful gift! I too love the addition of the fabric and rick rack. Be sure to post the kitty towels if you get a chance to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! No wonder everyone wants a set. I'm in line, too.

    ReplyDelete