Friday, September 7, 2012

Call Me "Lazy"



The peak getting repaired

All done!!
One of the corbels painted out
I haven't felt like posting for over 2 weeks, no excuse really, just haven't done it.....So here's a little update.  Back on July 9th, I was trying to decide what color(s) to paint the wooden peak on the front of my house. Well, it's done and has been for several weeks. I like it!! It is very subtle compared to the previous coloration, which was black and grey.....so after the hail storm in March 2011, all the work is done on the house. This house is over 100 years old so there is always some up keep each year but hopefully, nothing major again for lots of years. Here are some pictures and you can decide for yourself.  Sew until next time, have a Stitches kind of day..

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love the colors! I had a 100 year old Queen Anne "cottage" (pretty big for my idea of a cottage, but that was the architectural term). It was a big job to paint, but was so pretty when we finished! We sold it when we had to move, but I still miss that house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your home and the colors you have chosen. I also have bought a turn of the century home. I will be completely moved in in just a few weeks. I'm also struggling the outside colors. I'm so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new colors! What a pretty home. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful home and love the colors you choose to paint it! We used to live in an old farm house....miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new paint work on your house... the colours are so classy and they pick out the features perfectly. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home! I love the colors. THe detail in the trim and siding is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete