Saturday, April 28, 2012

Funny, well I chuckled!!

For some reason that I can't explain, I feel like I have been in a "funk" lately..I wish I could come to grips with it but I haven't been very successful. I think there are so many things that I want to do in the yard, make or finish more quilts and numerous other things that the thoughts have over-whelmed me right now. Some days, I just don't feel like doing much and then I feel like I'm wasting time.  It's just an endless circle....The other day I received the following Maxine-ism from a friend and I laughed when I read it.  It helped lighten my mood!!  I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I liked it and hope you get a chuckle out it too. 


Friendship ~ None of that Sissy Shit
 
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?
 
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
 
You will see no cute little smiley faces on this ~Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
 
When you are sad ~
I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
When you are blue ~
I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
When you smile ~
I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.
When you are scared ~
I will rag on you about it every chance I get until you're NOT.
When you are worried~
I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
When you are confused ~
I will try to use only little words.
When you are sick ~
Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
When you fall ~
I will laugh at your clumsy ass, but I'll help you up.
This is my oath .....
I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask ~ because you are my friend. 
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
 can feel the true warmth. 
Send this to 10 of your closest friends (including the one who sent it to you).
 
Then get depressed because you can only think of 4.

3 comments:

  1. Love this friendship note. So true. All those happy grams get alittle much. Hope your "in a funk" mood moves on and a smile on your face appears. Sending you a smilie, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is just so totally funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete