Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Tree is Not the Same Old Tree

My tree is not the same old tree that I have year after year..I decided that it was time to have a "themed" tree for once in my lifetime....so in September (believe it or not) I was at Hobby Lobby and they had a very good selection of ornaments and I decided I would have a silver, crystal (plexiglass), and white lights..I anxiously decorated the week after Thanksgiving and it turned out to be really glitzy and totally different for me...I like it but doubt that I will do it again next year, maybe every other year or so.   I feel so bad for all of my old family decorations, I can almost hear them crying and moaning about being left in the boxes..I missed going down memory lane when I put them on the tree. There are some very specials ones that have such memories for me and I really missed that.  I am thinking that I will have to put up another little tree and get some of the old decorations out of the box, just so I don't feel so guilty, my heart aches for them.  Does anyone else ever have weird thoughts like this??  I'm afraid that I am just going to have to do it!! In the meantime here are a few pictures of my 2011 tree, see what you think.  Maybe in a few days, I will be posting another tree with the other ornaments that are so sad, stay tuned!!!!


I think that next year I will have to have a Christmas quilt behind the tree!!!  I really like the dragonflies, they are so neat!!! And the pine cone, the cross, the swan, the bird, the heart and all the rest too!!  Gee, I think I like it better since I took the pictures!!  Well, I best go make another batch of nut brittle..I call it nut brittle because I make batches with dry roasted peanuts, cashews and smoked almonds..whoa, the smoked almond brittle is soooo good. I have made 4 batches so far and about 6 more to go..I will make a few batches every day until I'm finished.  I have GOT to quit eating it!!!!  Sew until next time, I hope you have a Stitches kind of day, fa la la, la la

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, your tree is a sparkling gorgeous work of art. This year I moved away from my usual decorations and used just aqua, silver and clear decorations, so I know that guilt feeling of not using all of the old ornaments!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multiple trees next year. They can be small, too. If I put up all of our trees, we'd have 7+ trees in the house. Since I've been so behind (check how late I'm reading this post) I limited myself to the large tree (others decorated it this year) and a tiny one with no ornaments.

    ReplyDelete