Friday, June 3, 2011

National Donut Day, is Today!!


When I read today was National Donut Day, it made my mouth water!  I can't even remember the last time I had a fresh, warm glazed donut or a firm, make-my-mouth water cake donut. But I have always been partial to the glazed donut though and if I didn't have to get in my car and drive several miles, I would go to "somewhere" and get a Krispy Kreme or whatever donut, right now! When I was a little (younger) girl, (I don't know if I was ever "little"), a very nice lady, actually she was my step-grandmother, made theeee most wonderful glazed donuts. Can you imagine being right there in the kitchen when she made those wonderful, delicious, circles with a hole in them, heavenly things we call donuts and get to eat one of them while they were still WARM and dripping with the glaze??? OMG, what a wonderful memory!  I don't know whether to cry or salivate! The original Krispy Kreme glazed donut only has 200 calories, I don't really think that is too bad, do you? And when you are craving something so bad, I believe it cuts the calories in half. (that's my belief and I am sticking to it) ..dang, I wish I could have a glazed donut today. :-(   Next time I have the teeniest chance, I am not going to pass up a glazed donut, so if you go by a donut shop today, have one for me, PLEASE!!  Life is just too short when you crave something, you should just eat it until that craving is satisfied, even if it takes a Baker's Dozen!! (I hope I didn't go too far on that one!) Oh, well, thanks for listening to my rant about glazed donuts, I guess I'll go have a piece of toast with jelly, how sad is that?? Sew until next time, I hope you have a "Stitches" kind of day..

3 comments:

  1. Now this is a holiday I can really get behind. Though I don't eat very many donuts since they are extremely bad for my blood sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...donut day? What is the world coming too!?!?!?! =)

    I will not be having a donut today...unfortunately. =( Enjoy yours on my behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you.....I would gladly honor this holiday and eat donuts!!!! Unfortunately it is one of those foods that as you get older your body has a hard time handling all its glorious sweetness. So just thinking about it melting in my mouth will have to be good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete