Thursday, June 30, 2011

Eleven thru Fifteen, Again the Civil War Blocks





London Square
Yeah, here are 5, I repeat, 5 more blocks....we've had tons of rain lately so you can guess what I've been doing!  I really want to get caught up on these blocks and there are 26 posted now, 27 will be posted on Saturday so I have a few more to go.  Above you see London Square, a neat little block..
Louisiana
Here's Louisiana, done in a couple of my favorite colors, lavender and purple..not the best picture in the world but you can see at least part of it.  ;-)  Below is my Little Blue Basket, love it!  I had to have the handle on mine, it's just too hard to carry a basket without a handle, isn't it?  I love basket patterns..
Little Blue Basket

Fox and Geese
Fox and Geese, what can I say? I'm not quite sure what is the Fox and what are the Geese, does anyone know?  And maybe it really doesn't matter. Not one of my favorite blocks, I think it came out rather ho-hum.
Fort Sumter
I like how this block came out although it doesn't show up that great in the picture. It is a rather dark block so it didn't photograph too well.   I'm not real newsy today but I do have something that I want to brag about.  My 10 year old grandson pitched a no-hitter night before last. Any of you baseball mom's and grandma's will know that it is something to brag about..Well, I think I'm headed back to my sewing room today as our heat index is supposed to be 106-110 and that's way too hot for me to work outside..I hope you have a Stitches kind of day...Sew until next time....Stay Cool!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blocks, and congrats to your grandson. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stitches, thank you for visiting...thoroughly enjoyed your CW blocks...my friend has the same love of purple and lavender as you do....well done to your grandson...way to go....Warm Regards, Lyn I do post my pics on flickr but have not done so for awhile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful CW blocks! They are looking great!
    Congrats to your grandson! 8-)
    Have a great day!
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics that you used for your blocks. You are moving right along! This is what rainy days do to us, for some reason inspiration happens! I have saved all of the patterns so far and will work on them soon.

    I have enjoyed reading your blog, I will visit you again, soon! :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete