Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nothing to Brag About!

I truly have nothing to brag about, last week I made a big deal out of starting the Civil War block of the week by Barbara Brackman.  It's really no big deal on my part, I got a whole sum of ONE block done, whoopee!!  I guess life and other things have gotten in the way a little. And then there are simply a few times that I just had to sit and rest and not do a darn thing.  I don't like those moments very well really, as I don't like to waste my time but my 70+ body just says "it's time to rest". Okay then, I believe it. After the hail storm, it's been one thing after another. Talking to adjuster's, roof and siding "experts", and trying to decide what to do. My yard is a mess with tons of sticks and I'm trying still trying to clean up the fall/winter debris too. The spring flowers are coming up through the leaves and old flower parts and need to come off..I've been trying to work a few hours every day on that. And now I have 3 quilts to bind, one is the T-shirt quilt that Granddaughter Abby and I worked on together, another the one I am making her for graduation and the other is one  to finish for the PhD Challenge. Well, I have put in my 2 1/2 hours in the yard today so I'm headed for the shower and then will get some binding sewn on one of the quilts so I can sew it on tonight while watching TV. GD Abby is really anxious for me to get her T-shirt quilt done so she can show it off. I will post it as soon as I can so you can see it.  It came out very nice. The block in this post is the first Civil War block that I have made, I know it is going to take sometime for me to catch up but if there is a will, there is a way...and I hope to find the will and the way very soon.
Catch Me If You Can
Sew until next time, have a "Stitches" kind of day...

4 comments:

  1. I like that block! Great job and the pinks and browns are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana, These blocks finish at 8", do you think you might like to do this quilt too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started the Civil War quilt last weekend too ... I've been obsessed with the blocks and have only one more to go to be caught up!!! Actually I don't know what I will do when I get to just one block a week ....

    ReplyDelete