Sunday, April 3, 2011

I've Done It Again!

Photo from the Civil War blogspot
I broke a promise and that is not good. The promise was to myself though so does that make it okay? I had told myself ( a "telling" is really different than a promise, I think, isn't it?) that I would not start any new projects until I finished one (or a few) but dang! this Civil War Sesquicentennial Quilt that Barbara Brackman is doing for FREE every week, just kept pulling my apron strings until I couldn't stand it any longer..And some of you know that Barbara Brackman is one of my all time favorite people/designers. And Civil War stuff, fabric, books and stories are a favorite also. Barbara is posting a new block every week for a year (yes, that's 52 blocks to make) and there is a story or history lesson to go with each and every one of the blocks. It's really, really interesting.I have a button on the left side on my blog that will take you right too the CW blogspot. I'm excited but also a little fearful about committing to this at this time of year but it will be okay, it will be okay and I repeat, IT WILL BE OKAY. Whew!! I really like starting new projects, hmmm, I think I might have said that once or twice before too.  Well, I am not telling any of my family or friends that I am doing this so they will only know if they read my blog, that will be a good test for them. Well, I best get busy and see about this first block..I'm on my way to having a "Stitches" kind of day..sew until next time. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think the civil war quilt idea is very cool. I looked at her blogspot and saw all the patterns so far. I like!

    ReplyDelete