Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sugar Cookie Recipe is here.

I have had some requests for the Sugar Cookie recipe so I am posting it here today..I hope you enjoy it and be sure and let me know, if you did..thanks, I'll be back soon, but gotta go make 2 Apple Pies right now!!
Bet You Can’t Eat Just One Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup of cooking oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon  cream of tartar
1/2 baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of all-purpose flour
granualated sugar or colored sugar
          In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and oil with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.  Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, powdered sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.  Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
          Shape into 1/2 inch balls for small cookies and 1 1/4 inch balls for larger cookies. (mine were the larger ones) Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass (I used the ashtray!) dipped in granulated or colored sugar. I actually used white sugar when I flattened them and just sprinkled the green sugar on before baking.
          Bake in 375 degree oven 8-10 minutes for small cookies or 10-12 minutes for large or until bottoms are lightly browned. (I cooked mine for 9-10 minutes) Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool. Make 72 small or 36 large cookies..Note: Dip bottom of the glass in the cookie dough so sugar will stick to the glass.  Next, dip into the sugar.  If you like, add a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the dipping sugar. To store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.  (That’s if there are any left!)

1 comment:

  1. Cute little sugar cookies. I have no doubt that these were delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete