Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's Now or Never?

 Well, it's now or never (maybe), I don't know what to call this post, it's just a little bit of several things. First, I just got done taking down my Valentine window clingy thingy's..a couple of grandson's had put them up and I guess I was of the mind-set, "you put them there, you take them down". But obviously, that didn't work and I got so used to them on the windows in my kitchen, that I didn't even notice them,, LOL
 
 They are kind of cute...
 And here are the remainders of my pretty flowers that I got 10 days ago, just couldn't seem to part with the little pink roses. They will look nice in a little crystal bowl, I think.
 And here are the fabrics that I got for my borders. I will use the green strip on the bias for the binding too.  I hope it will look great when it's done.
 I am going to our Mini quilt group meeting this afternoon and I'm taking these little blocks that I have been working on for quite a while. I've got the urge to make a doll quilt so this is going to be a doll quilt when it's done. The block is stamped on muslin and then it's hand pieced in the same way you would do paper piecing. They almost look quilted already by the time you get them done. The little blocks will finish at 2 1/4" so they are pretty tiny. I don't think I will have to make many more before adding a border or two but don't hold your breath before you see it again finished.  I'm not the most speedy of finishers..And below is the little basket that I keep them in...................................................................................it reminds me of Little Red Riding Hood.
I bought a nest of these, three, I think, years ago and they have really come in handy for small projects.  I think I have thrown a lot out here today but it's just what came to mind,....now I best get ready to go to my Mini's...I'm have a "Stitches" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment