Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hail or Snow, Hail or Snow, I Don't Want To See Anymore!!!




Well, a week ago today, we had a great hail storm and tornadoes that touched down in our area. It was some of the biggest hail that I have ever seen. I have 3 broken storm windows, damage to the siding on the west side of my home and I don't know what it did to the roof yet..The insurance adjuster hasn't been here to check it out and he won't get here until next week sometime.  Some of those hail stones above are golf ball size and really hard and they make a lot of noise when they are hitting your house!!!!  And then we've had snow about every other day. These are pictures of the first snow. It came down so gentle and was so full of moisture that it just clung (clung, is that really a word? sounds weird to me) to everything. Notice how it piled up on the lilac hedge and the outside lamp post below.

And then there is the wire cage that supports my Oriental Lilies. I think it's really neat the way the snow looks like frosting on it. I am just thankful that everyone was okay from the tornadoes and hopefully this will be our last snow for the year..I'm ready for all that yard work to begin. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Wow, I've never seen hail that size before but it's not something we get very regularly in the UK. I hope the weather improves for you soon.

    Tracy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good grief that is huge!!! I bet you do have some broken windows. I live in MO. We got a bit of hail then a few days later cold and a bit of snow. Not much of either one. Come on SUN!!

    ReplyDelete