Tuesday, December 14, 2010

When you need a really good book.....

I just finished reading "Sarah's Key" and I thought it was a great book. I learned about the 1942 Paris Vel' d"Hiv" roundup of thousands of Jews by the French police and how heart wrenching it had to be for the Jewish families to live and die in those times. I had not read any books by Tatiana de Rochnay and I'm always looking for a new author to read, she did not disappoint me at all. This book is emotional, haunting and unforgettable. I finished it several days ago and cannot quite thinking about it. I highly recommend it to anyone. It would make a great book club choice.  Now I'm reading another book of hers "A Secret Kept" and it's been a good one too. I'll let you know more about it when I finish.  I just had to throw my 2 cents worth in about these books so you would know..I hope you have a "Stitches" kind of day..

No comments:

Post a Comment