Monday, December 20, 2010

And the Stockings Were Filled

Here are the knitted stockings that I started making when our first child was born, for her first Christmas. And I made a stocking for each family member to celebrate their first Christmas in our family. Kids, spouses, and grandkids. I tell my girls that I am done knitting stockings but will gladly teach them how so they can make their extended family stockings. I haven't met with much enthusiam from them YET! My how time has flown, the first sock is 49 years old this year, shhhhhhhh!!  They are really big socks, I don't know what I was thinking!! So now I stuff the toes with plastic bags and there is still plenty of room for goodies.

Here they are all loaded with surprises, everything in them is really kind of dorky but I will add the gift cards and that will make it worth it for everyone, I hope..
Aren't they cute? I can hear them talking, "okay, now we can just lay around here for a couple of days before we get gutted". Whew, I'm glad that over!! I hope where ever you are, that you are having a "Stitches" kind of day.

2 comments:

  1. Love all your knitted stockings. My family does stockings too. Mom bought each of us a stocking and then added decals to match our hobbies and personalities. She's added to the collection as each us married and had kids. We do dorky stuff too, but it's such fun looking at what's in them and guessing who in the family added what. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally catching up on my blog reading...those stockings are so cute and I bet really cherished by your family.

    ReplyDelete